All SKODA vehicles purchased from March 2018 come with a 2-year unlimited vehicle warranty and qualify for an extended warranty. The extended warranty period begins as of the start of the 3rd year after the date of first vehicle registration and terminates 5 years from the registration date or at the mileage of 100,000km for passenger cars (whichever comes first). Please read the full terms and conditions of your SKODA warranty and extended warranty below.
What is covered?
The ŠKODA New Car Warranty ("New Car Warranty") covers the costs of any repair to correct a defect in manufacturer's material or workmanship during the period of cover subject to the terms and conditions of this policy.
All new ŠKODA passenger cars purchased from ŠKODA Centre Singapore qualify for a 2 year unlimited mileage vehicle warranty.
This manufacturer's warranty will expire after 2 (two) years from the date of first registration.
In the event of warranty repairs being necessary when travelling abroad, any member of the ŠKODA Authorised Network in the country you are visiting, will be able to carry out any rectification work under the terms of the warranty. They will require your vehicle information data details to enable them to carry out the repairs.
Should your ŠKODA suffer a manufacturing defect covered by the 2 years New Car Warranty in Singapore or while outside of Singapore, and the vehicle is within 50 km of the Singapore border, you are also entitled to a complimentary tow service to ŠKODA Centre Singapore for repairs or servicing; while being outside 50 km from the Singapore border, towing charges shall be borne by the vehicle owner or driver, when the car is being towed back to Singapore.
During the New Car Warranty period your vehicle must be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. Any damage to or defect in the vehicle caused by poor or insufficient servicing will not be remedied under the vehicle's warranty. Please ensure that you maintain sufficient records to enable ŠKODA Centre Singapore to confirm that the vehicle has been appropriately serviced. In any event, please ensure that you keep detailed invoices supplied with date, mileage, plus specified parts and fluids used.
24-hour Roadside Assistance
The warranty period covers roadside assistance for your vehicle 24 hours a day in Singapore.
All new ŠKODA passenger cars are provided with a warranty for a period of 3 years from the date of first registration against any manufacturing defects of the paintwork.
- The defect must be reported to ŠKODA Centre Singapore as soon as it is discovered and within the warranty period
- The defect must not be due to external influences such as accident damage, climatic, thermal, chemical or industrial pollution, stone chips, bird droppings, plant sap, insufficient care or maintenance. This will be determined by ŠKODA Centre Singapore at the time of inspection
All paintwork repairs will be carried out promptly in accordance with the manufacturer's specification and procedures, using only approved parts and materials, so the original level of anti-corrosion protection is maintained.
Body Protection Warranty
All current ŠKODA vehicles* are fully protected against corrosion for 12 years from the date of first registration.
- The defect must be reported to ŠKODA Centre Singapore as soon as it is discovered and within the warranty period
- Corrosion in the sense of this warranty regulation is a perforation of the car body progressing from the inside (cavity) to the outside. Corrosion caused by damage, insufficient care or maintenance or by external influences is not covered by this warranty.
- ŠKODA Centre Singapore must be advised about any rusting as soon as it is discovered
- All body repairs will be carried out promptly in accordance with the manufacturer's specification and procedures, using only approved parts and materials, so the original level of anti-corrosion protection is maintained
*Exceptions apply. Please contact your Service Advisor for more details.
Vehicle Battery Warranty
- A warranty on the battery for 1 year from the date of first registration or a mileage of up to 20,000 km (whichever comes first) will be provided.
- Gradual reduction in battery capacity over time is integral to the nature of the component, and does not represent a defect under the terms of this warranty, as long as the reduction in capacity is not in excess of the value specified for this vehicle in the owner's manual.
- The warranty on high voltage batteries does not apply if the defect has been caused by the battery not being used, handled or maintained as described in the owner's manual. This applies in particular to charging the battery.
- With the exception of the warranty term, all warranty conditions stipulated in this policy also apply to the high voltage battery.
If the purchase of a ŠKODA Genuine accessory is indicated at the time of vehicle purchase and factored into the vehicle purchase price, this accessory will be covered by the 2 years/unlimited mileage New Car warranty. For all accessories purchased from and fitted by a ŠKODA Authorised Workshop after delivery, the accessory is covered for 2 years from the date of purchase.
Any part which is replaced under warranty becomes the property of ŠKODA. Any replaced parts are covered for the remaining period of the New Car warranty.
You will be required to give details and furnish proof in relation to any warranty claim with a ŠKODA Authorised Workshop.
Replacement Parts Warranty
All ŠKODA Original replacement parts carry a parts warranty for a period of 2 years/unlimited mileage, from the date of purchase. Items with warranties in excess of 2 years will be advised to you at the time of purchase. The 2 year parts warranty does not apply to parts fitted under the terms of the vehicle warranty, which are warranted for the remaining period of the vehicle warranty.
These conditions apply to all sections of the warranty cover:
- The vehicle must not be used for professional instruction, competition, extensive off-road use, motor rally, speed or duration tests or any practice for these events.
- Any defect must be reported to ŠKODA Centre Singapore as soon as it is discovered. This must be done within the warranty period.
- If your vehicle continues to be driven when a defect becomes apparent and it results in further damage, this warranty will not apply.
- In the event of warranty repairs being necessary, any ŠKODA AutoAuthorised Workshop will be able to carry out any rectification work under the terms of the warranty.
- ŠKODA Auto and any ŠKODA Authorised Workshop reserve the right to appoint its own or an independent expert prior to any repair or replacement of the part(s) covered
- The warranty is not affected by any change in ownership of the vehicle.
- Please inform us of any changes with regards to the ownership of your vehicle.
- The warranty is not transferable to another vehicle.
Items where the lifetime of a vehicle component is or can be influenced by driving style and external factors will only be considered under the terms of warranty for a period of six months or 10,000 km (whichever comes first) from the date of first vehicle registration. Beyond that limit, the defects must be classified as wear and tear or normal deterioration and will not be covered by this warranty.
Components subject to wear and tear or normal deterioration include, but are not limited to:
- Brake discs and brake pads
- Clutch release bearings
- Clutch pressure plates and centre plates
- Tyres and wheels
- Wiper blades and arms (wiper rubbers have no warranty owing to their conditions of use)
- Seat and backrest covers (including leather seats and covers)
- Floor coverings
- Spark plugs, all filters
- Batteries for key remote and alarms
- Bulbs, including LED and Xenon
- Shock absorbers
- Driveshaft boots
- Interior upholstery
- Oil seals
- Rubber seals
- Drive belts and bushings
Mechanical adjustments, such as the following, are also excluded from warranty after six months or 10,000 km (whichever comes first):
- Adjustments to doors, flaps, boot lids, bonnets, sunroof
- Brake adjustment
- Clutch adjustment
- V belt adjustment
- Ignition adjustment
- Headlight adjustment
- Steering geometry adjustments
- Wheel balancing
- Wheel alignment
The following vehicles are excluded from this policy:
- All non- ŠKODA vehicles;
- All vehicles sold to a motor trader, garage, business or individual dealing with the buying and selling or repair of motor vehicles
Types of damages not covered by warranty include, but are not limited to:
- Damages or defects caused by the driver's negligence to take all reasonable steps to prevent mechanical damage from occurring, e.g. taking appropriate action in the event of warning lights appearing
- Damages or defects caused by not having the vehicle serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations
- Sudden failure due to lack of oil, fuel, lubricants, coolants, hydraulic fluids or additives, or foreign matter entering the fuel, cooling, air conditioning or lubrication systems
- Damages or defects as a result of wear and tear
- Damages or defects as a result of use of oil, fuel, lubricants, hydraulic fluids, oil degradation or additives not recommended by the manufacturer
- Damages or defects caused by external influences such as accident damage, climatic, thermal, chemical or industrial conditions and pollution, stone chips, insufficient care and maintenance
- Damages or defects caused by an excluded cause (consequential or subsequent damages)
- Any claim of damages covered under another guarantee, insurance or warranty
- Damages or defects caused by any modification, alteration and/or experimental equipment unless it was approved and installed by a ŠKODA Authorised Workshop in Singapore
- Natural disaster (e.g. earthquake, hail, windstorm, lightning, water submersion or flooding), acts of war, nuclear explosion or radioactivity
- Tree sap, bird droppings
- Failure to respond to a manufacturer's recall or campaign
- Not keeping the vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition
- Improper repair or servicing by a third party workshop not authorised by ŠKODA
- Intentional damage to the vehicle or any of its components
- Loss or damage to contents of the vehicle
- Theft of the vehicle
- Damages caused while the driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Items which are excluded from the New Car warranty include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Components or equipment or software (e.g. Chip tuning), which are not part of the vehicle at the point of sale or have not been fitted by ŠKODA Centre Singapore thereafter;
- This warranty does not cover any costs of repair or replacement of components where sudden failure is a result of wear and tear;
- Gaskets, coolant and fluids are excluded as well, unless damage is caused by the sudden failure of a component covered by this warranty policy
- Any parts/accessories installed on or treatment to the vehicle which is not recommended by or purchased from ŠKODA Centre Singapore
Unauthorised modifications to the electronic components or software in the vehicle may cause malfunctioning. As the electronic components in the vehicle are linked together in networks, other systems may be affected by the faults caused by the unauthorized modification of electronic components. This can seriously impact safety, lead to excessive wear of components, and even also might invalidate the LTA approval for your vehicle. ŠKODA cannot be held liable for any damage caused by technical modifications and/or work performed incorrectly. We recommend that all repairs and technical modifications be performed by a ŠKODA Authorised Workshop in Singapore.
This warranty further does not cover:
- Routine maintenance and servicing
- Slight irregularities not affecting the quality or functioning of the vehicle or any parts e.g. slight noise, vibration and/or defects appearing only under particular or irregular operations
- Incidental or consequential costs such as hotel charges, car hire, loss of earnings, death or bodily injury, damage to property or any other loss or damage are not recoverable under the terms of the warranty.
To find out more about the ŠKODA extended warranty, please click here.